1. **NEW** Changes to our Online Services. We have recently moved to a new appointment system which will also mean changes to your online access to services (currently appointment booking and repeat prescription requests). Although you may still be able to use our existing system for a short while (see point 14 below), ALL users will now need to register on to the new system.
To do this, please visit https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/ and follow the instructions. ** Please note that this service is currently for patients aged 16 and over ONLY **
We are also now working with our Patient Group to look at providing the opportunity for you to view online the records we hold about you relating to medications, allergies and adverse reactions. This service should be available by the beginning of 2015.
2. **NEW** FLU VACCINATION CLINICS. We are holding a big walk-in (no appointment necessary) flu clinic for our patients aged 18 and over on Saturday 11th October from 08:30 to 12:30. If you have had a letter inviting you to book a flu vaccination, please drop in during those times on that Saturday. Alternatively, you can now book your flu vaccination appointment on weekdays from 6th October so please call Reception on 566561 to make your booking.
3.**NEW** The Practice will close early at 13:00 on Wednesday 26th November for essential training. We will open again at 8.30am on Thursday 27th November. If you need urgent medical attention while we are closed, please phone our OUT OF HOURS service on 0151 220 3685. This service is for urgent medical problems only that will not wait until normal surgery hours.
4. **NEW** If you want to register as a patient at our Practice, please see our Patient Information leaflet for details on how to do this here: New Patients & Registrations. To download a registration form please click here. Could we also ask that you complete a Grove House Practice New Patient Health Questionnaire (for over the age of 16) for under the age of 16 please click here.
5. Extended Opening Hours. After listening to your views and discussing options with our Patient Group, the Practice is now offering extended opening hours. The Practice Reception is open from 7am on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and up to 8pm on a Thursday, too (but please note telephone access to the Practice remains at 8:30am to 6:30pm on all days). Please click here for more information.
6. Two new GPs join the Team. Dr Lulu Wang joined the Practice in September as a permanent replacement for Dr Meda. And Dr Viv Rees joined us in August for one year to give our existing GPs time to work on developing new services........... watch this space!
7. Our latest Patient Newsletter is now available, please click here to view it!
8. Our latest patient survey results can be viewed here: Patient Survey Newsletter. You can also access our Action Plan here: Action Plan and a full copy of the report is available here: Report.
9. IMPORTANT CHANGES TO HOW WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. We will soon be required to supply your personal and confidential data to the Health & Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC). This information will be taken from the Practice in a form that can identify you. The Practice has NO choice but to allow the HSCIC to extract this information from our computerised records. However, individual patients can instruct their Practice to STOP the transfer of their data.
For more information, please see our special leaflet here: Care-data Information Leaflet
And, if you are unhappy about these changes, please download our "opt-out" form here: Opt-Out form
10. The Practice Complaints Policy has been updated to reflect the recent changes in the NHS. If you have any concerns or comments about our services, please see our Patient Information Leaflet here which explains the best way to let us know. You can download a copy of our comments form here. And, if you would like help to make your complaint, there is a local Healthwatch Advocacy service available. For further details, please view their leaflet here.
11. The Practice now has a 24 hour telephone service where you are able to telephone us at any time day or night to book, check or cancel a GP appointment. To use this service you must ensure that we have your correct address and telephone number. To update your details please see a member of our Reception Team or click on the link below to save any changes and e-mail back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to print out, complete and pass back into reception.
**Change of Details Form**
12. The Practice has set up a Virtual Patient Group (VPG). This is open to anyone but aimed particularly at patients between the ages of 18 and 45, who are unable to attend the regular Patient Group meetings but are keen to take an active part in helping to further develop the services on offer at the Practice. This involvement is likely to take the form of short on-line surveys from time-to-time as well as providing the ability to raise general comments/ask questions at the regular Patient Group meeting by submitting them on-line. If you are interested in joining our VPG, please email us at: patient.comments@gp-N81066.nhs.uk or for more information click here.
13. The latest edition of the Practice Booklet is now available to view this please click here.
14. We offer internet GP appointment booking online repeat medication ordering. To use this service please click on the following link: https://grove-house-practice.appointments-online.co.uk. Please note that this service is being replaced and all existing users - as well as new users - will need to register with our new online service provider. please see point 1. above for further details
15. When booking an appointment at Reception, please note that, in order to efficiently signpost you to the quickest and best way to get the help or advice you need, our Receptionists may need to ask you for brief details about your symptoms or condition. More details are available here ***
16. To view or print our free guide for patients about treating minor ailments at home, please click here.
See all our recent practice news