1. **NEW** The Practice recently agreed with our Patient Group, a report requested by NHS England, which outlines the work we’ve done over the last 12 months with the Patient Group on 3 key priority areas: Access to a GP, proactive care for patients aged 75 & over and education/support sessions for patients. To access a copy of the report, please click here.
2. **NEW** Our latest Patient Newsletter is now available, please click here to view it!
3. **NEW** SMS Text Reminders. The Practice is now sending out SMS text reminders when you book an appointment and again about 2 days before your appointment. We hope this helps to reduce the number of wasted appointments - and also helps you to remember what you booked when. If you would prefer NOT to receive these test reminders, please let us know. Please note that you may still get a text reminder after you cancel an appointment - sorry: that's a system issue that we cannot currently control!
4. **NEW** Friends & Family Test (FFT). The NHS Friends and Family Test (FFT) is an important opportunity for you to provide feedback on the care and treatment you receive from the NHS and to help improve services. From 1 December 2014, NHS England has made it a contractual requirement that all GP Practices undertake the FFT.
Please download our latest Patient Information leaflet about FFT here.
In order to provide this feedback, you can click on the link to the left which anonymously sends your response OR please pick up the questionnaire in the Practice OR download a copy here – and complete and post in the special posting box in the Practice waiting room.
5. **NEW** The Practice will close early at 13:00 on Thursday 30th April 2015 for essential training. The building will open again at 7am on Friday 1st May and phone lines at 8.30am. If you need urgent medical attention while we are closed, please phone our OUT OF HOURS service on 0151 220 3685. This service is for urgent medical problems only that will not wait until normal surgery hours.
6. Changes to our Online Services. We have recently moved to a new appointment system which will also mean changes to your online access to services (currently appointment booking and repeat prescription requests). Although you may still be able to use our existing system for a short while (see point 14 below), ALL users will now need to register on to the new system.
To do this, please visit https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/ and follow the instructions. ** Please note that this service is currently for patients aged 18 and over ONLY **
We are also now working with our Patient Group to look at providing the opportunity for you to view online the records we hold about you relating to medications, allergies and adverse reactions. This service will become available during March 2015.
7. If you want to register as a patient at our Practice, please see our Patient Information leaflet for details on how to do this here: New Patients & Registrations. To download a registration form please click here. Could we also ask that you complete a Grove House Practice New Patient Health Questionnaire (for over the age of 16) for under the age of 16 please click here.
8. Extended Opening Hours. After listening to your views and discussing options with our Patient Group, the Practice is now offering extended opening hours. The Practice Reception is open from 7am on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and up to 8pm on a Thursday, too (but please note telephone access to the Practice remains at 8:30am to 6:30pm on all days). Please click here for more information.
9. IMPORTANT CHANGES TO HOW WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. We will soon be required to supply your personal and confidential data to the Health & Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC). This information will be taken from the Practice in a form that can identify you. The Practice has NO choice but to allow the HSCIC to extract this information from our computerised records. However, individual patients can instruct their Practice to STOP the transfer of their data.
For more information, please see our special leaflet here: Care-data Information Leaflet
And, if you are unhappy about these changes, please download our "opt-out" form here: Opt-Out form
10. The Practice Complaints Policy has been updated to reflect the recent changes in the NHS. If you have any concerns or comments about our services, please see our Patient Information Leaflet here which explains the best way to let us know. You can download a copy of our comments form here. And, if you would like help to make your complaint, there is a local Healthwatch Advocacy service available. For further details, please view their leaflet here.
11. Please ensure we have your correct contact details (address, telephone number, e-mail). To update your details please see a member of our Reception Team or click on the link below to save any changes and e-mail back to us at email@example.com or to print out, complete and pass back into reception.
**Change of Details Form**
12. The Practice has set up a Virtual Patient Group (VPG). This is open to anyone but aimed particularly at patients between the ages of 18 and 45, who are unable to attend the regular Patient Group meetings but are keen to take an active part in helping to further develop the services on offer at the Practice. This involvement is likely to take the form of short on-line surveys from time-to-time as well as providing the ability to raise general comments/ask questions at the regular Patient Group meeting by submitting them on-line. If you are interested in joining our VPG, please email us at: patient.comments@gp-N81066.nhs.uk or for more information click here.
13. The latest edition of the Practice Booklet is now available to view this please click here.
14. We offer internet GP appointment booking online repeat medication ordering. To use this service please click on the following link: https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/ Please note that this service has a new provider and all existing users - as well as new users - will need to register with our new online service provider. please see point 5. above for further details
15. When booking an appointment at Reception, please note that, in order to efficiently signpost you to the quickest and best way to get the help or advice you need, our Receptionists may need to ask you for brief details about your symptoms or condition. More details are available here ***
16. To view or print our free guide for patients about treating minor ailments at home, please click here.
See all our recent practice news