1. ** NEW ** Extended Opening Hours are Back! After listening to your views and discussing options with our Patient Group, the Practice is pleased to announce that we are extending our opening hours again from the beginning of July 2014.
The Practice Reception will be open from 7am on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and up to 8pm on a Thursday, too (but please note telephone access to the Practice remains at 8:30am to 6:30pm). Please click here for more information.
2. ** NEW ** Two new GPs join the Team. Dr Lulu Wang joins the Practice in September, taking over from Dr Meda. And Dr Viv Rees joins us in August for one year to give our existing GPs time to develop some new services........... watch this space!
3. **NEW** If you want to register as a patient at our Practice, please see our Patient Information leaflet for details on how to do this here: New Patients & Registrations.
4. **NEW** Please see our latest Patient Newsletter about our patient survey results here: Patient Survey Newsletter. You can also access our Action Plan here: Action Plan and a full copy of the report is available here: Report.
5. **NEW** The Practice will close early at 13:00 on Thursday 25th September for essential training. We will open again at 8.30am on Friday 26th September. If you need urgent medical attention while we are closed, please phone our OUT OF HOURS service on 0151 220 3685. This service is for urgent medical problems only that will not wait until normal surgery hours.
6. **NEW** IMPORTANT CHANGES TO HOW WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. We will soon be required to supply your personal and confidential data to the Health & Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC). This information will be taken from the Practice in a form that can identify you. The Practice has NO choice but to allow the HSCIC to extract this information from our computerised records. However, individual patients can instruct their Practice to STOP the transfer of their data.
For more information, please see our special leaflet here: Care-data Information Leaflet
And, if you are unhappy about these changes, please download our "opt-out" form here: Opt-Out form
7. **NEW** The Practice Complaints Policy has been updated to reflect the recent changes in the NHS. If you have any concerns or comments about our services, please see our Patient Information Leaflet here which explains the best way to let us know. You can download a copy of our comments form here. And, if you would like help to make your complaint, there is a local Healthwatch Advocacy service available. For further details, please view their leaflet here.
8. Dr Wilson's bright idea! Following our report of Dr Wilson's idea to develop an existing hospital IT filing solution into something that can significantly improve efficiency at GP Practices, the project was one of the finalists in the recent 2013 HSJ Efficiency Awards. Sadly, we were just tipped to the post by a project run by HSCIC. The judges comment on our entry was: "An effective challenge of the status gap to improve the availability of historic patient data and free up estate and staff resources in GP Practices"
9. Our latest Patient Newsletter is now available, please click here to view it!
10. The Practice now has a 24 hour telephone service where you are able to telephone us at any time day or night to book, check or cancel a GP appointment. To use this service you must ensure that we have your correct address and telephone number. To update your details please see a member of our Reception Team or click on the link below to save any changes and e-mail back to us at email@example.com or to print out, complete and pass back into reception.
**Change of Details Form**
11. The Practice has set up a Virtual Patient Group (VPG). This is open to anyone but aimed particularly at patients between the ages of 18 and 45, who are unable to attend the regular Patient Group meetings but are keen to take an active part in helping to further develop the services on offer at the Practice. This involvement is likely to take the form of short on-line surveys from time-to-time as well as providing the ability to raise general comments/ask questions at the regular Patient Group meeting by submitting them on-line. If you are interested in joining our VPG, please email us at: patient.comments@gp-N81066.nhs.uk or for more information click here.
12. The latest edition of the Practice Booklet is now available to view this please click here.
13. We offer internet GP appointment booking. To register for this service (and to use the service once you have registered), please click on the following link: https://grove-house-practice.appointments-online.co.uk. Please note you can now use this same service to order any medication the GP has already authorised for repeat issue.
14. When booking an appointment at Reception, please note that, in order to efficiently signpost you to the quickest and best way to get the help or advice you need, our Receptionists may need to ask you for brief details about your symptoms or condition. More details are available here ***
15. To view or print our free guide for patients about treating minor ailments at home, please click here.
See all our recent practice news